Friday, November 11, 2011

UPDATES--UPDATES---UPDATES

Whee! Updates! First off, as I am typing this the kiln is getting all wired up and ready to fire, which is GREAT, because I bought some red low fire clay after checking our CAD's story about potter Daniel Ricardo Teran who uses such a simple technique, but BOY what talent does he have!? I am absolutely inspired from his studio to the techniques and meanings behind his work. A lot of Daniel's work displayed on his site depict the works of a man caught in between a tin foil hat, and an environmentalist... but it's all in good flavor.


Another cool thing I discovered was this Siphon Blower, which makes penny pinching potters like myself drool. With this product there is no need for an expensive air compressor, and then the expensive gravity fed spray guns. All you need is this helpful gadget and a good set of lungs. Genius!

WELL, look at that purdy pot sitting on my work desk! Yep, this is one of my smaller Mayco pieces I didn't take home. While I'm not 100% thrilled with the outcome of it due to some glaze not reacting like how I envisioned, it still makes a nice little pencil holder, and I got plenty of comments about it at work, too!

POTTERY CLASSES ARE COMING TO THE HOUSTON HOUSE!!

You should be very excited, because I am SUPER excited and can't wait to get started!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment