Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rejuvenate 1 of 3


One side of a sgraffito piece, which is now clear coated and on my bookshelf.


This giant update Baby is being turned into a triplet.

I have a lot to share from my winter hiatus.
Walking back into the studio with a fresh box of clay is thrilling. I have conjured so many ideas, tips and techniques I have seen, and all I want to do is play.

These past months have been crazy for me. My great ideas have transcended into me being the head of planning, and directing, which is so time consuming. Looks like my goals and resolutions are out the window, but it’s all in good meaning, because the event is in benefit for the Houston House Arts Center . It’s a murder mystery about the death of Van Gogh and it’s a terribly good time making it all come together.
Looking down into the piece. Not perfect, but I'm getting better.

Right now we are in the process of a major revitalization of the organization. For years the organization has sat, collecting dust, and losing members (mostly by death), but the all is finally coming together in hopes of outreach to the community. I am glad to be a part of it, because there is nothing else in this world I would rather be doing than something that involves art.
One side of a sgraffito piece, which is now clear coated and on my bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment