Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep...



....where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?

And where squids and whales sleep.

I've finished another series. and they're now nestling in a nice warm kiln... unscathed and not cracked.... hopefully.


Did you know, that I am uneasy about squids and octopus, and I get satisfaction in conquering the beasts of the sea when I bite into some fried calamari on an Asian buffet?

Octopus and squids are weird. I was traumatized after watching something on the history channel about how they have these giant beaks, and can literally snap through a thick metal cable, which they then compared to a human bone.

Still not creeped out?

They're smart... REALLY smart, from the way they attack their prey, and plan their dinner. Screw Moby Dick. I am afraid of squids and other tentacle beasts of the ocean deep.

Why do I paint them and draw them? I don't know. I don't have a phobia, but rather a genuine uneasiness about them. Either way, I am excited to see how these turn out.

Also, here's another shot including two other pieces that are prepped to be refired after testing some glaze out. I'm pretty excited about them as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment